Monday, May 9, 2011

Now you didn't see her, now you DO!

Hi-de-hi!  With all the studying and what-not, my blog (and stamping!) has been coming a poor second.  But here I am, sleeves rolled up and ready to post!

My entry this week is for Just Add Ink's sketch challenge and for The Color Throwdown's colour challenge #140.  Awesome sketch, cool colours - what more could a girl ask for!

I'm still loving playing with my heat tool and all the embossy stuff.  The Sahara Sand textured card stock has been stamped with Whisper White ink, then random flowers have been stamped again with Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I then sponged it with Crumb Cake to give it extra depth.



I also heat embossed flowers from the Sweet Summer set onto the Blushing Bride mat.  Of course, everything has been heavily spritzed for that vintage-y look!

Card stock: Sahara Sand 12x12 textured card, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand & Crumb Cake markers.
Stamps:  Bliss, Sweet Summer (Sale-A-Bration 2011, r), Happy Harmony (r).
Miscellaneous: White embossing powder, rhinestones, heat tool, scallop trim border, colour spritzer

6 comments:

  1. Just Gorgeous Ali- I love the embossing and the colours, and how you layered the scallops :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back, Love all the embossing and layers, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you took some time out from study to play along with the sketch. Love the embossing, colours and the lovely double scalloped trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. I love the distressing you've added and the colour combo you've used. Great take on this week's sketch.

    ReplyDelete