Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Yay for new toys!

Yippee skippy joy joy!  I got a lovely box of goodies from Stampin' Up! yesterday (seriously, it's like Christmas!) and couldn't wait to try them all out.  The first thing I was into was my new heat tool and all the things I needed to have my first go at heat embossing.  All I can say is "WOW!"  Talk about fun!  So I decided to use my goodies to enter my first Inkspirations Challenge.  Here's the sketch:


As my friends know, I'm usually a pinky-girly girl, so every now and then I like to use colours I don't use much.  Like now!


For the butterfly silhouette, I used the Bliss set and white-embossed on Whisper White.  Then I sponged on Bashful Blue and used my new colour spritzer tool to splat Night of Navy over the butterfly.  When it was completely dry, I used a tissue to wipe the ink off the butterfly.  I couldn't resist a little bit of bling - a rhinestone jewel.

RECIPE:
Card stock - Bashful Blue, Night of Navy (and patterns stack), Whisper White, Rose Red
Stamps - Bliss
Ink - Versamark, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
Other stuff - Scallop border punch, embossing equipment, rhinestone jewel, colour spritzer, Beautiful Wings die

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Ali and I really like the colours. I love the emboss resist technique and you have done a fabulous job of this. I am going to CASE it if you don't mind!!

    PS: It IS like Xmas, eh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lokks great- the blue ahs a worn denim look that I really like. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Ali. The butterfly resist panel looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning Ali! I might just have to add it to my CASE file too :)

    ReplyDelete